Sunday, February 3, 2008

Faith

In case I haven't told you yet, I am a Christian. Jason is too as are others in our organization. This doesn't mean that we too don't fall short and sin just like others, are judgemental or anything like that. All it means is that we surrender our needs, hopes and desires to God. That's huge you see because it wasn't always that way. Probably up until about 2001 I use to get upset when things didn't go my way. Probably like you, I want to be in control of my life and do things on my timeline. There's nothing wrong with that, in fact it's human nature. The only problem I've found with that theory is that is it leads to a whole lot of worry and stress. When I started going to Church more, and understanding the price that Jesus paid for us and the fact that he wants what's best for us- it hit me that things that happened to me are preordained and part of his perfect plan. There is a story in the Book of Matthew where Jesus talks about worry. To paraphrase he basically commands us not to worry. He says that worrying will not add a single day to your life and that he will take care of you. He goes on to say that He wants what's best for you and knows what you need. Finally, he says that if you seek first His Kingdom and righteousness, all these things will be given to you. The past few months for builders has not been a bowl full of cherries. The headlines are dominated with negative press on the mortgage industry, the declining housing market nationwide and not to mention we along with other builders have had increasing theft on our jobsites. We learn those painful lessons and adjust our strategies daily when encountering them, but we don't worry too much because of our faith. Friend, if your days are met with worries, stress and just the daily pressure of life- please consider reading Matthew6:25-34.

No comments: